Please check our Field Trip Calendar for available dates!
- Available for scheduling any Tuesday - Friday through the month of October only
- Start times include: 9:00 AM, 9:30 AM, or 10:00 AM.
- We open for regular daytime hours at noon, so please keep that in mind when choosing your start time. We ask that your group be finished and on their way out by 11:30 AM.
- We offer teacher-guided field trips for school aged groups only, with no sit-down lesson. Your group may stay together or split up into smaller groups.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Depending on the size of your group, it is very possible there will be another group or groups there at the same time.
- The trip includes many hands on activities, the opportunity to learn about corn, and a small pumpkin.
- Upon arrival, your group is welcome to roam around and do the activities as you please.
- Activities available include: playground, hay ride, lawn games (corn hole, large chess set, and whack-a-mole games), our corm maze, peddle carts, and the jump pad (if desired).
- Each child will be able to pick out a pumpkin to take home from our designated field trip patch.
- A designated area provides the opportunity to work with the students/children to learn about the Lifecycle of Corn.
Prices and Payment
- The charge is $6.00 per person, including any children, siblings, parents, chaperones etc.
- For every 8 children, we allot a free adult. We encourage you to bring all the available adults to help with the self-guiding field trip.
- We accept cash, checks, or invoice – NO credit cards. You may pay the day of your field trip, or, if preferred, we can email an invoice to your school or PTA.
Information for Teachers
- We suggest that children wear long pants and closed toe shoes because seating will be on hay bales and the pumpkin plants can be prickly.
- Please bring Sharpie pens for writing children’s’ names on their pumpkins.
- Portable restrooms and a hand wash station will be available.
- We encourage you to bring packed lunches if you want. We have plenty of picnic tables available for your use. We do not provide food options.
- If it is necessary to cancel or reschedule your tour, please let us know as soon as possible so that we may fill your appointment time.
- In case of bad weather, cancellation and rescheduling decisions will be made the day before the trip when possible. Weather-related cancellations may be rescheduled.